Prerequisites: Master’s Degree or Equivalent
The Doctor of Christian Counseling is a 42 credit hour program geared toward pastors, missionaries, and other church leaders who seek professional and personal growth. The program requires a Master’s degree in Christian Counseling, Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work. This program will develop a counselor’s competencies to the highest level by challenging the counselor in both theoretical knowledge and practical application of therapeutic techniques in relation to complex clinical situations and issues that could arise in professional practice.
Courses You’ll Complete to Earn Your Degree
- GCCS550 Christian Counseling I
- GCCS560 Christian Counseling II
- GCCS610 Crisis Counseling I
- GCCS 620 Crisis Counseling II
- CCS 301 Building Strong Marriages and Families
- CED 111 Life Management God’s Way
- BCC101 Basic Christian Counseling
- THE301 Temperament Theory
- THE201 Testing/Measurements
- THE306 Temperament Therapy
- PSY301 Christian Psychology and Counseling
- BPA 360 Ethics and Excellence
Each student will be assigned an academic advisor to help him or her throughout this program.
(Courses are subject to change at the suggestion of your academic advisor)
A total of 42 semester hours are required, with a minimum of thirty semester hours from CBIS. A 2.5 GPA is required on a scale of 4.0. Each course is worth 3 semester hours.